What is Social Media Marketing?
It’s the process of marketing your business online using social media sites like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. It involves building a network of followers who will share your information and become advocates for you and your business.
What is Social Media Marketing?
* The process of marketing your business online through social media sites
* The process of marketing online by attracting followers to your business on these sites
How can social media marketing benefit my business?
- * You get exposure to potential customers who are already looking for what you have to offer
- * You build relationships with people who could become future customers
- * You create a sense of community in which people feel a part of your business
- * You learn more about your customer base and what they want from your product or service
Why do people use social media sites?
- * They want to connect with others
- * They want to be entertained
- * They want to share their experiences
- * They want to be informed
What are some of the benefits of social media marketing?
- * You reach a larger audience than any other form of marketing
- * You can target a specific market segment
- * You can increase your sales by creating content that appeals to your audience
Are there any downsides to social media marketing?
- * If you don’t know how to use social media sites correctly you can lose followers
- * You need to find out what works best for your business and then build your strategy around that
- * You need to understand how to promote your business effectively so you can attract new customers
How can I start using social media marketing to promote my business?
- * Set up an account on each site
- * Post interesting and relevant content regularly
- * Create a good profile picture
- * Follow the right people and make sure you add them as friends
When should I post content to social media sites?
- When you have something newsworthy to share
- When you have a new product to announce
- When you have a blog post to promote
- When you have a special event to celebrate
What are the three most important things I need to do when I’m posting to social media sites?
- * Make sure your content is relevant to your business
- * Make sure it is interesting
- * Make sure it is timely
Do you have any other tips to help me market my business using social media sites?
1. Use a professional image (a headshot) when you post. This will help you look credible.
2. Write a short description of what your post is about. This will help people decide if they want to read it or not.
3. Be consistent in your posting. Don’t try to be all things to all people. If you post once a day, stick with that schedule.
4. Stay focused on your business goals. If you are trying to sell a product, you won’t have time to waste on silly posts.
5. If you have a blog, write a blog post about your business once a week.
6. Create a newsletter and send it out once a month.
7. Write articles and submit them to article directories.
8. Do a survey of your followers and ask them what they would like to see more of from you.
9. Ask your followers for feedback on your business.
10. Have a contest and give away prizes.
11. Ask your followers to follow you on twitter, facebook, linkedin and other sites.
12. Use the hashtags #yourbusinessname and #yourbusinessname when you post.
13. Have a giveaway and invite your followers to enter.
14. Create a contest on your blog.
15. Use a video when you post.
16. Share your post on other sites.
17. Include links to your website in your posts.
18. Use a picture of your business when you post.
19. Be consistent. If you post once a week, stick with that schedule.
I hope this article has helped you learn more about social media marketing. Good luck with your business.